Last Updated on October 27, 2020 by Brittany
It can go by so many terms such as self-esteem or even self love, however, self worth is truly something that is worth mastering.
For years I struggled with a low sense of self worth.
I put everyone else on a pedestal beside myself, and I lived in a world of comparison and feeling victimized by how I saw myself.
Have you ever felt this way? or DO you feel this way?
Rest assured that you are not alone. It is not until we are able to open ourselves up to our past or present struggles that we can help one another.
So I have chosen to use my journey to help you!
You see life is way too short to sit around wishing you were created differently than you are. The truth is you are beautiful at your core, and nobody in this world can ever be you or do what you do.
Let that sink in…
Nobody in the entire universe that is made up of planets and a solar system and any other life form can be YOU!
So my goal is to help you see the beauty of your being and to help you understand why you may be dealing with low self worth.
Let’s get started.
1.) You base your self worth on outside approval.
Nothing in this world has anything to do with anybody else but it does have everything to do with you!
You see it is a tiresome task to seek validation from the world instead of within.
The reason for this is because people’s views change, appearance standards change, and the overall epitome of what an amazing human is or looks like changes.
Not to mention that people’s opinions don’t matter)
Think about any other era vs the millennium.
In 1980 it was big hair, neon colors, and mullets!
In the 90’s it was knee socks, head bands, and cardigans!
The point is that trends change, and so you must find your value in the character you possess within VS what the world wants you to believe.
Now I know that can be easier said than done, and sometimes it takes time to figure this whole thing out, but it is 100% worth it!
So, today begin looking on the inside, and see how your view changes over time.
TAKE ACTION: Keep an ongoing list of all of the great qualities you possess that money cannot buy.
If this seems tough at first That’s OKAY! As you make this a habit you will find more and more things to add to your list!
Need a little more help?Click Here!
2.) You take failures personally.
Life is full of failure, and the more you train your mind to understand the benefits of failure the more you’ll desire it.
As Oprah once said, “failure is God’s way of pointing you in a different direction.” So there is actually no failing in life life is just lessons learned.
If you understand that life is always directing you by the goals you don’t achieve then the truth is you are always in a state of direction.
Isn’t that cool?
Even though it may feel like you are aimlessly wandering through the unknowns of life, you’re not at all.
Every experience is shaping you and directing you closer to what your true destiny is.
Failure is not a personal blow to who you are unless you make it that way. Failure is actually proof that you have enough belief in yourself to try things and not succeed.
It’s a willingness to take action even though the outcome may not be favorable.
So little did you know that while enduring these failures they are actually a sign of self-belief!
TAKE ACTION: Devise a plan to work on something you truly desire and commit to NOT being tied to the outcome, but only the process. Log how your excitement, and attitude change.
3.) You know you need to build your self worth but haven’t executed with action.
Trust me! It is totally understandable to skip this important step when you already feel crummy about YOU!
I mean really… let’s be honest here. When you already have a lowered sense of value why in the world would you have any motivation to do something to fix it!?
However, you must understand that taking action in the midst of not wanting to take action is where all of your power lies.
You are important enough to devise a plan, invest in yourself, and take action to get you out of the state your in.
There are trillion different resources out in the world on how to do ANYTHING you can think of. However, it is sad the number of people that actually take advantage of those resources.
But not you!
Take a class, read that book enroll in that course. Whatever you need to do to learn the skills you need to build your self worth is worth the investment.
- Rebuilding Confidence & Self Esteem After A Toxic Relationship
- How to Create Effective Affirmations For Self Esteem Building
- How Food & Exercise Raise Your Confidence and Self Esteem Level
- How Your Self Confidence Level Directly Impacts Your Money
- How To Develop A Positive Body Image
- 8 Reasons You Should Commit To Building Your Self Esteem
- How To Overcome Insecurities And Live Fearlessly
- 147 Women Empowerment Quotes To Get You Fired Up!
4.) You let circumstances define who you are.
One things for sure, and that is…
Not so good things happen to us all!
The problem lies when you take a specific event and turn it around into a personal judgment of yourself.
Bad things can happen to good people. If you base your worth on circumstances out of your control you will consistently have a hard time loving you.
Things will happen, and the goal is to develop a positive attitude toward life.
Your self worth should never be tied to things that can change.
So, accept the not so good days, but don’t charge them to your heart.
These things are simply life events but they are not tied to who you are. Your purpose and destiny can still be fulfilled no matter what is going on externally in your life.
So the next time an unwanted event happens. Immediately detach you as a person from the event itself. Look at it completely separate from who you are.
You will be able to change your perspective and look at things for what they truly are instead of playing the blame game.
5.) You let self-doubt and fear paralyze you.
Self-doubt is the nemesis to self-confidence and self worth. Self-doubt is actually a willingness not to try.
However, the correlation between self-doubt and fear is closer than you even know.
Now there are different types of self-doubt (some of which will be discussed in my free masterclass) however, the main thing to realize is that self-doubt prompts inactivity.
The reason you hear all of the motivational gurus and success coaches preach about action is that it immediately takes you OUT of a state of fear.
It’s kind of like being afraid of something and the more you think about it the bigger the giant becomes. Which makes you even more afraid.
Until you are finally faced with it and realize it was not that big of a deal at all.
So while action can seem like a pain or doing something non-enjoyable; it is actually making your life BETTER.
When you are able to face fear, and not let self-doubt take you over your self worth will instantly rise.
When you can push through emotion to get you closer to the desired result that is where all of the magic happens.
46 self worth quotes for a little encouragement.
- “Self-trust is the first secret of success.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” ~ Anna Freud
- “If I am not for myself, who will be?” ~ Pirke Avoth
- “The tragedy is that so many people look for self-confidence and self-respect everywhere except within themselves, and so they fail in their search.” ~ Dr. Nathaniel Branden
- “You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” ~Author Unknown
- “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not, and undervalue what they are.” ~ Malcolm Forbes
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”~Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Self-worth cannot be verified by others. You are worthy because you say it is so. If you depend on others for your value it is other-worth.” ~ Wayne Dyer
- “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.” ~ Dr. Sonya Friedman
- “The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.” ~ Jerry Gillies
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” ~Marilyn Monroe
- “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.”~ Mark Twain
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” ~ T. Harv Eker
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”~ Dale Carnegie
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~ Peter T. McIntyre
- “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” ~Helen Keller
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”~Laurie Halse Anderson
- “If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After a while, you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place.” ~ Criss Jami
- “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”~ Louise Hay
Loving who you are first is the foundation of any great achievement in life. Working on growing a strong belief system in who you are is invaluable.
While there may be certain things that have happened to you in your past that have kept you from truly loving who you are. Now is the time to take your power back!
Self worth can always be re-built. However, you must have the awareness and tools to be successful in your pursuit.
Check out the selection of posts from Level up Lady that cover all aspects of confidence and self-esteem.
The world needs more women who love who they are and the value they bring.
Drop a comment below, and let us know how this post has helped you.
So Many Blessings,